The Suffolk Art League and Suffolk Art Gallery are offering the following art classes and workshops. These will be held at the Suffolk Art Gallery, 118 Bosley Avenue. To register, complete the registration form and along with the appropriate registration fee(s) mail to Suffolk Art League, P. O. Box 1086, Suffolk, VA 23439. Please note age requirements and registration deadlines. You will not be considered registered until payment is received. Students are reminded to wear clothing appropriate for working with art materials. For more information call SAL at 925-0448 or the Suffolk Art Gallery at 514-7284. Please register by the deadline noted as most classes do have a minimum and maximum number of participants and often materials must be purchased.
CLASS AND WORKSHOP POLICIES
The Suffolk Art Gallery and Suffolk Art League worked to develop policy for those taking our classes and workshops. We hope by having these policies in place, it will make the registration process clear and alleviate any confusion when you register for classes with us. We have prepared a small brochure outlining the new policy, you may request a copy. Some key points to the class policy are:
1) You are not considered registered for a class until payment is received. Class deadlines are generally one week prior to the start of the class and payment must be received prior to that deadline. If an insufficient number of registrations are received by the class deadline, the class may be cancelled.
2) Student cancellations must be received by the deadline to receive a full refund. Please be mindful that often our classes do fill and we have a waiting list. If you decide you cannot attend a class for which you are registered, please let us know.
3) Classes will be cancelled for the day if the Suffolk Public Schools are closed due to bad weather.
4) Children will be signed in and out of classes by an adult.
5) Students are reminded to arrive on time as classes will begin promptly as scheduled. Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before class is to begin.
6) Out of consideration for the others in class, we ask that you turn off cell phones and pagers or at least put on vibrate.
7) Should you need to speak with the instructor, please notify staff so these arrangements can be made outside of class time.
8) Everyone is asked to observe the museum rules of conduct and stress them to your children.
9) In our efforts to promote the museum and art league, we occasionally photograph students and student artwork. By registering for a class, you agree to permit the students and their artwork to be photographed for promotional purposes.
Please remember that you are not fully registered until you have paid for the class.
For Suffolk Art League classes: Pay by cash or checks made payable to The Suffolk Art League or SAL.
For Suffolk Art Gallery classes: Checks only made payable to Ronald H. Williams, Treasurer, City of Suffolk. City policy requires two phone numbers of the check.